Copper Leaf Event Center News and Information
For many years we’ve had a collaborative vision of making every event held at our venue very special for our guests. We work creatively with each of our customer to create wonderful touchstone memories. We connect and a deep level and help you achieve the vision and event you want. See a review article about Copper Leaf Event Center in Spotlight Magazine
Keep up with our latest news, events, special offers, and more!
Check out our May 2016 Newsletter
Check out our April 2016 Newsletter
Check out our March 2016 Newsletter
Check Out our Upcoming Events!
Wedding Gifts for Dad
So, you’re getting married! There are so many wonderful people to remember to thank on your special day, including the man on your arm as you walk down the aisle – dad! Your soon-to-be father-in-law is equally important to cherish on your special day, as he will become your family! Are you looking for gifts for your father and/or father-in-law? Here are some simple, but wonderful, ways to show your dad and soon-to-be dad how much you appreciate them, especially this Father’s Day!
1. Dad 1st Man to Catch My Heart Fishing Lure
Is your dad an avid fisher? If so, this special lure is sure to catch his heart. Get the lure here.
2. Engraved Hammer
If your dad is a hard worker, he’s sure to appreciate this special engraved hammer. Purchase the hammer here.
3. Hidden Message Tie Bar
Give him something he can wear on your wedding day, like this hidden message tie bar. Click here to purchase this sweet gift.
4. Embroidered Handkerchief
If your dad is the wonderful sensitive type, he’s sure to appreciate this handkerchief, especially for your wedding day! You can personalize this handkerchief here.
5. Father of the Groom Cuff-links
Just like the tie bar, your dad is sure to appreciate these cuff-links that he can wear on your wedding day. Get the cuff-links here.
Save Money on Your Special Day!
By, Christina Bargas, Sales & Event Coordinator
Just because you are on a budget, doesn’t mean you can’t have a special, fantastic, and memorable wedding day. We are here to help you! In this article I will walk you through different ways to save money on your special day, from venue costs to menu tips and tricks!
Did you know that if you have your wedding in the afternoon versus the evening you can save up to $1,000? You can save even more money if you have your wedding on a weekday versus a Saturday evening. I also suggest embracing the off-season and having your wedding in months that are not so popular, like December through April. You can save 15-20% on that alone!
Saying yes to the all-inclusive packages save you money, because they are designed to save you money! They include everything you need such as your linens, china, photography etc. and if you need to take anything out or add something, you definitely still have that option.
Two main big expenses in a wedding are the venue and the food. Let us help you with the saving tips on the menu. If you pick infused water instead of soda, lemonade, and tea they are thirst quenching, beautiful, healthy and super budget friendly. Here are some ideas for flavors:
- Strawberry, lemon and Basil
- Blueberry and lavender
- Watermelon and Mint
- Raspberry, rose petal and vanilla
Pick chicken for a main meal and fill your guests up with one of these beautiful displayed stations.
- Mashtini Bar with different flavor infused mashed potatoes such as Saffron, Garlic, and Pesto. Top them with 3-5 toppings like sour cream, chives, bacon, blue corn chips and cheese.
- Pasta Bars with two kinds of pasta and two kinds of sauces. Include sausage and meatballs and then your guests can make their own pasta.
Buffets are always less expensive then plated or family style because there is less staff needed. Another tip on saving on the menu is providing a kids menu. Offer easy macaroni and cheese or chicken nuggets, with fruit and this is about half the price of an adult menu.
Everyone knows how expensive alcohol can be, so why not have fun with it and make up a signature drink. Take something your fiancé loves and yourself and make a new name, and add a beautiful garnish to it. Here are some fun garnishments to inspire you, cotton candy, infused salts, edible straws, herbed ice cubes, and homemade lollipops.
If you want to provide more liquor for your guests other than a signature drink only provide beer and wine and offer cash bar for the rest. You can also consider offering to buy only 2 drinks per person, or first hour is free.
Hiring a Wedding Planner
I know, you don’t think that hiring a wedding planner is saving you money. Here are some great reasons why they actually can save you a fortune on your special day:
- Your friends or relatives are great for opinions but they are not professionals when it comes to event management. They do not know expertise on what works and what can literally be a disaster for your wedding. They should be enjoying your day along with you and not stressing out about the event.
- Wedding planners know people, they know vendors and they know who are great and ones who are not. They also know who would fit your wedding style versus ones who wouldn’t be a good match. This saves you time alone on searching for vendors randomly, and times saves you money.
- You don’t know how to plan a wedding, you have never done this before, you have no idea how much things cost. A wedding planner can sit down with you and go over your budget and break it down to what will work for you within your budget.
- Planning any event takes time, and you don’t have time to do what a wedding planner has the knowledge to do for you right away. Your researching is eliminated.
- The wedding planner takes care of all things that you may have never thought about so do me a favor and consider hiring a professional wedding planner. This will save you time and money on your whole event.